
In June, my parents celebrated their anniversary by going to Grandpa Rice’s cabin in Island Park and visiting Yellowstone. Of course I tagged along, (let’s face it they are never going to get to be alone ever again J ) After five hours of driving and being trapped in that awful carseat that my mom claims to be comfortable, we arrived in Island Park. On Saturday morning, we planned on going to Yellowstone until Mommy tried to take a shower and found out that there was no hot water. So after Daddy found out that he forgot to do a crucial step in the water turning on process, we all hopped back into the car and drove back to Idaho Falls to get tools to fix the water heater. Now some of you may be making fun of my mommy for not being to go without hot water, but I must inform you that we are not talking about your average cold water, we are talking about mountain river cold water that still has frost on it. So I will defend my mom and hot water was a must for the weekend. We finally were able to go to Yellowstone on Sunday and it was great. There were tons and tons of buffalo, elk, and we even saw a bear (well we drove by a bear; mom didn’t want to stop and be the bear’s lunch.) We did the upper loop with all the fun geysers and I now know that my parents cannot complain about my diapers being stinking because those geysers smell much worse, but they do give me something to aspire to. Yellowstone was fun and I can’t wait to go back when I’m older and can actually see out the window, but I must give my parents the award of “Best Backseat Entertainers” because I was laughing and giggling the whole time. (Pictures and Video coming soon.)
No comments:
Post a Comment